Latin America & Caribbean
Europe & North America
Beijing +5 Calendars
Women & Media
The Asia Pacific Caucus has a number of concerns about NGO participation to
the General Assembly Special Session in June. These are:
We urge the UN Division for the Advancement of Women to take all possible
steps to address these concerns and ensure the maximum access to and
participation in the General Assmebly Special Session.
- The distance between the Customs House which has been identified as an
alternative venue for NGO activities and the UN Secretariat building will
limit NGO visibility and opportunities for participation.
- The deadline for registration which has been set for 31 March for NGOs
with ECOSOC status and the first week of April for those who do not ECOSOC
status does not give sufficient time for NGOs to prepare and locate travel
- The deadline for registration for NGO activities which has been set for
15 April does not give sufficient time for NGOs to plan.
- The allocation of only 50 passes for NGOs to be able to observe the
General Assembly Special Session will limit NGO particibpation in the
- The restriction on the number of representatives from each organisation
to a maximum of three but more likely two will prevent many NGOs who have
been consistently working to implement the Beijing Platform for Action from
participating in the review process.
NGO delegates from all five regions of the world are supporting this appeal by affixing signatures to printed copies of this petition.
Live @ CSW |
Latin America & Caribbean |
Europe & North America |
Middle East |
Beijing +5 Calendars |
Get Involved |
Women & Media